One of her recommendations was to create a background image that displays your branding and whatever contact information you want to put right up front. She used Wayne Sutton's Twitter page and her own Twitter page as samples.
I was intrigued by this and did a little research.
Here are a few posts that describe different ways of creating a customized background for your Twitter page:
- Create A Twitter Background Using PowerPoint (very Creative) by The Closet Entrepreneur
- Twitter background Guidelines by Croncast Archives
- Free Twitter Backgrounds from Twitterbacks.com
- Monetize Your Twitter Background by Kevin Muldoon from System0 (Approach this one with caution! Not for everyone!!!)
- Make a Good Impression with a Custom Twitter Background from Twitip
- Photoshop template to customize your Twitter profile page from Boingboing
- 26 awesome backgrounds for twitter fanboys on webdistortion
- How to make a Twitter Background Picture with Photoshop by Lawfulevilville
- How about a Twitter Background Gallery
- My Tweet Space has a background generator but I have experienced mixed results.
If you try any of these, please come back to this post and share your experience.